Scarecrow Trail Registration
October 23 & 24 | TX-Ture Farm 1833 Dr Sanders Rd, Cross Roads TX 76227
Families, Organizations, and Businesses, this is your chance to be seen on the Scarecrow Trail during the Gourdgeous Pumpkin Festival. Join the fun of building your scarecrow display and competing for the Best in Show. We have hundreds of yards of wooded trails to fill creating the most picturesque of Scarecrow Trails.
- It is fun for you, your employees, and the community!
- Use your scarecrow display to share your message and represent your business, organization or family.
- Your scarecrow’s photos will be shared to our website and social media channels.
- Create your own social media competition! E.g. Hold a drawing for all who photograph, tag you and share your scarecrow display on social media.
October 23rd and 24th during the Gourdgeous Pumpkin Festival.
Scarecrow Setup Dates:
October 18th thru 22nd. Call for an appointment 940-343-5054.
Cost to Participate:
Visitors will be the judge! Each display will be numbered for Gourdgeous Pumpkin Festival visitors to cast their votes.
- Announced during the festival
- Winning display photos will be published to our website, Facebook, and Instagram with a link to your URL.
- Best in Show
- Funniest Display
- Spookiest Display
- Most Creative Display
- Display space is approximately 8ft by 8ft.
- No materials that are harmful to the environment or wildlife.
- Scarecrow installation must be scheduled by appointment.
- Scarecrows must be in good taste; those that reflect controversial social or political situations will not be accepted.
- Our trees may be used to support elements of your display. However, no nails or spikes into the trees.
- We can help you drive a t-post for support if needed.
- Signage shall not dominate the display.
- No handouts materials.
- Use real pumpkins and gourds at your own risk. They may be eaten by wildlife.
- Displays MUST be picked up Oct 25 thru 27.
- TX-Ture Farm is not responsible for damage due to wildlife, vandalism or acts of nature.
How much space can I use? Roughly 8ft x 8ft but we aren’t going to measure.
How high can my display be? As high as your ladder will take you. Nothing that can pose a safety risk should be placed overhead. And remember, you have to take it down.
Can I bring props? Yes. We are not responsible for possible vandalism during the event. Please pick them up Mon/Tue following the event
Can I put t-posts or stakes in the ground? Yes.
Can I secure my display to the trees? Yes.
How many entries can I have? As many as you like!
Can I put my business sign in the display? Yes, anything within the rules above that doesn’t completely dominate the display. Include social media tags to watch the fun and host your own contest.
What can I stuff scarecrows with? Natural materials please (hay, straw, grass, sticks, etc.). Please no packing peanuts.
Can my scarecrow or display move? Cool! Yes, please.
Other questions? Please ask.